View Single Post
Old 2007-10-02, 13:55   Link #82
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

You know, I think I'd have been a lot more emotionally affected by this episode if I wasn't already somewhat on the side of Takano. Part of the problem is that we have already seen all these characters dying a number of times and the chapter was titled Minagoroshi, making it quite clear what's going to happen to them in the end - this all reduced considerably the shock value of the episode. All this team spirit, friendship and defeating fate are nice but presented in a way that's a bit cheesy in my opinion. A bit too much emphasis on sheer will for my taste. As we saw in the episode a will to fight is not good enough without brute force to support it. I hope they try to do soemthing really cunning in the next arc and not you know, try with even greater fighting spirit only.
I am somewhat happy that I am not the only weirdo who actually felt some pleasure from watching the sheer evilness of Takano.

I was kind of annoying that Takano went for a trick from Villain Cliches 101, namely informing the protagonists what your goal is, right you before you kill them (or in most cases leave them in deadly trap from which they escape). Rena's retort was nice, thoguh!

Quote:
No, in fact, what Takano was doing was another way to "leisurly" executing her plan.
"Go anywhere you wishes, your fate is sealed".
Hell yeah! At first I was all "Takano is so stupid, why didn't she kill them while they were standing as sitting ducks around K1" but then it seemed that it was part of a sadistic game.

How exactly does Takano intend to become god (goddess is not politically correct enough these days maybe?). God of what? No one is going to live in Hinamizawa after the Disaster, right? OK, she is crazy but she is not stupid. I am probably missing something important.