View Single Post
Old 2007-08-04, 23:30   Link #5
Meatrose
Antihero

I agree with you Var... Kallen/Karen is most certainly an interesting character, an she's the second most important character to the show... in my opinion. I do believe that her ideals and goals ain't all that different in comparison to Lelouch's after all. He fights to create a secure and peaceful nation for his sister to live in, whilst trying to uncover the secrets behind his mother being killed. Karen is fighting to create a secure and peaceful nation for her and her mother to live in, whilst trying to justify her brothers actions... and making his death be "not in vain". I don't really know what the general Geass-fan out there thinks, but Karen seems to be the most appropriate partner for Lelouch. I'm not talking about partners in crime here, but partners in life. Sure, C.C. is an extremely popular choice, but I'm rooting for Karen. ^^

Hopefully they'll discover that they're basicly fighting for similar reasons, and not only to "liberate japan from an invading, tyranny-driven, suppressing, racist superpower", even though that is a honorable and common goal. Karen was, without a doubt, sincerely shocked to discover the true identity of her beloved hero Zero, but they're really not that different... if you look beyond the fact that Lelouch/Zero is a LOT more "hardcore" than her. I just hope that the somewhat dense (as far as romance is concerned) Lelouch manages to grasp this as well.