View Single Post
Old 2007-07-05, 00:22   Link #6
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Thanks for reminding me this. I was intending to watch this, but alas I no longer live in Korea anymore. It seems to be based on Korean folklore: the Kumiho(구미호, or nine-tailed fox). The Kumiho is a fox that can change into humans, and usually displayed as evil (changlings?). The director is Lee Seong-gang, the one from "My Beautiful Mari" (Yes Lunacy, it's Korean)

Responses from Korea compares it to Sen to Chihiro, yet lacks the finesse and most noticably real voice actors (they used regular TV/movie actors). The trailer really does sound like a dub, if you know what I mean. I still am looking forward to watching it, though. The images are stunning. You can see some of them at here

Synopsis translation is stolen from Wikipedia:
Quote:
Teacher Kang takes his students to a school that sits at the base of a hill where Yobi lives, a five tailed fox who can turn into any form. Kang and his students are there to train at a special center for honing their mental abilities. While the students test their courage at night, Yobi encounters the dream-catcher Hwang Geum-yee. Yobi develops an interest in Geum-yee, and decides to join the students to stay closer to him. Living like a human being is fun, until she comes across the fox hunter. Rescued by a mysterious shadow, Yobi now faces the inevitable – by taking Geum-yee's spirit that will make her a real human being.
OT: @wontaek: Duluth에 사시는군요. 저는 Atlanta에 삽니다^^ 반가워요.

Last edited by dahl_moon; 2007-07-06 at 01:34. Reason: Removed trailer just in case:-)
dahl_moon is offline   Reply With Quote