View Single Post
Old 2004-02-17, 02:16   Link #47
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeSpencer
Care to give a description of the series ...i've come across it many many times and have been hesitant to start watching it....
Hard-core shounen anime. Visual style is really exaggerated and ugly - heavy black lines, grotesque character designs. Music is usually loud and clunky. Every sentence spoken ends in an exclamation point! Plot structure is basic fighting show; pretty much every episode has a fight scene; few cliff-hangers.

The main idea is that little nasty demons are set loose on Earth for what amounts to a free-for-all tournament to decide who will become the next cruel ruler of the Demon Dimension. The demons have to work as duos with human accomplices. The main characters are a demon-human team who are trying to survive the tournament without getting swept up in paranoia and bloodlust.

What I like about the show is that it is comical and grotesque, and has a big helping of likable characters. You might as well watch a couple eps and see what it's like; either you will like it or you won't. I rarely watch this kind of series myself but this one is totally over-the-top and I always look forward to each new episode.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote