AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Naruto - Live Action Movie...? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=136935)

cyberdemon 2015-08-01 02:57

Seems that Lionsgate has secured the rights to Naruto and are going to make a live action film

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...o-movie/.91159

SoloPanda 2015-08-01 03:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberdemon (Post 5609093)
Lionsgate has secured the rights to Naruto and are going to make a live action movie

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...o-movie/.91159

Not Again!! :sad:

Every time i see a live action of an Anime made by a US director it turns into something down right terrible. At the very last pick a director who has seen the original content.

Sorry... had a flashback from "Dragonball Evolution" ...

Gundamx 2015-08-02 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoloPanda (Post 5609100)
Not Again!! :sad:

Every time i see a live action of an Anime made by a US director it turns into something down right terrible. At the very last pick a director who has seen the original content.

Sorry... had a flashback from "Dragonball Evolution" ...

If they don't want to follow original content and just used general plot, then sure, but tell us that to our face instead of waiting till opening day :heh:

Wandering Soul 2015-08-03 22:55

Now I'm getting Dragon Ball evolution flashbacks which is not a good thing.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-08-03 23:30

Hey, look at the bright side, when the movie comes out, at least I can see some white dudes hilariously playing ninja again which I’ve missed since the glory days of American Ninja or Beverly Hills Ninja. :heh:

Want a taste? (hand-seals)
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Another? (from “nunchaku” to “OUCHaku”)
One last time? (ninjas and lasers, why not?)
America, baby!! (Dudikoff, love that guy :D)

Levani 2015-08-04 09:16

To be honest, Naruto is blond, I can't see anyone but a white guy playing him in a live action movie.

Unless they take the SNK route where they turn all white characters into Japanese.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2015-08-04 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levani (Post 5611884)
To be honest, Naruto is blond, I can't see anyone but a white guy playing him in a live action movie.

Yep, see the pic of Michael Dudikoff above. Just give him the Konoha headband and bam! he's Naruto :heh:.

SoloPanda 2015-08-04 15:08

Quote:

Unless they take the SNK route where they turn all white characters into Japanese.

They don't have much of a choice, there isn't a mixture of cultures and races like in the U.S. 99.9% of the population is Asian. We on the other hand have many Asian Actors to place into Asian roles such as placing Keanu Reeves in a role as a Ronin Samurai.......... NM let's just go with making Tom Cruise the last Samurai.............

well lets move along...

Lutz2 2015-08-05 12:17

Naruto becomes a Live Action Movie?
Spoiler for :

MrSharigan 2015-08-09 23:01

Live action films usually suck but I really can't wait to see Naruto's live action!

HayashiTakara 2015-08-10 11:03

It's dragon ball all over again, Lions Gate is notorious for horrible B movies.

itachi-san314 2015-08-17 18:32

Quote:

me too. the only person to blame for not casting a japanese actor is kishi for the character design. there is nothing remotely japanese looking about naruto.

and for those who think it will automatically suck, there is this. although i have a feeling that those guys probably get naruto better than some producers with a budget and projection spreadsheet.

SoloPanda 2015-08-18 12:38

Well in all the negatives there is one thing to consider in all of this. The movie will be directed by the great director Michael Gracey. His complete list of movies directed include such titles as:

Naruto (2017)
The Greatest Showman on Earth (2016)
end of list...

... what could go wrong?

The rest of his involvement in the industry are a few b movies where he worked in visual effects and art department.

StrikeFreedomV2 2015-08-18 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoloPanda (Post 5625588)
Well in all the negatives there is one thing to consider in all of this. The movie will be directed by the great director Michael Gracey. His complete list of movies directed include such titles as:

Naruto (2017)
The Greatest Showman on Earth (2016)
end of list...

... what could go wrong?

The rest of his involvement in the industry are a few b movies where he worked in visual effects and art department.

They aren't even trying -.-

Ero-Senn1n 2015-08-18 13:04

Quote:

I would do an alternate earth story, with different actors, not just USA actors and difference by race, but real difference, like in case of Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards. That means different languages and cultures, with smaller countries/villages being more homogenous like smaller nations in our world, while the 5 large countries and villages being more mixed as it was the case with some larger earth empires (romans, great britain, etc.). That way for example Naruto can be north european type blonde guy (inheriting blonde from his father, but the Uzumaki could be Irish descent because of red hair) while Sasuke/Uchiha being a japanese guy and for example Sakura could be indian (that would also fit the sign on her forehead), Hinata and Hyuuga could be chinese, etc. This would give opportunity to select actors from all around the world, not just from Hollywood.

Avalon64 2015-08-18 17:23

lol I wonder if the director decided to do an alternate take on the characters and decided to make Sakura the main love interest...(ugh sorry just even saying that considering how much I adore Hinata JUST doesn't feel right lol) and the movie proceeds to most likely bomb at the box office...will the crazy NaruSaku fans call it the best thing ever? Lol

cyberdemon 2015-08-18 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avalon64 (Post 5625745)
lol I wonder if the director decided to do an alternate take on the characters and decided to make Sakura the main love interest...(ugh sorry just even saying that considering how much I adore Hinata JUST doesn't feel right lol) and the movie proceeds to most likely bomb at the box office...will the crazy NaruSaku fans call it the best thing ever? Lol

They'll gush over it. Proclaim it to be true canon despite Kishimoto likely not having anything to do with it and this is after denying the canonicity of The Last despite Kishimoto being quite involved.

kenjiharima 2015-08-20 04:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5611488)

One last time? (ninjas and lasers, why not?)

Love to edit that and get Goku hit in the chest with it. :heh:

Anyways for the topic no please, was disapointed on AOT not another disapointment

fuff 2015-08-20 20:54

just because they announced it doesnt mean it will happen...didnt they announce death note awhile back with supposdely zac efron as light LOL

Gintokifan22 2015-08-22 02:10

Oh how much worse can they make the Naruto series look? Kishi already ruined his own series himself, mine as well add frosting to the cake and go live action too. All they have to do is make the love triangle the main focus to save money from all the special affects every once while show the so called plot. Sakura fans can be happy cuz shey'll be doing some thing and be considered a main character. I wonder who they'll get to cast the female main cast? Needs to be in mid teens, they'll have to change hair styles. I can't picture any one who would fit these characters, oh forget it just pick some random people who look nothing like them. It's going to flop any ways, mine as well go all out.