AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Current Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   (L) Sentai Daishikkaku (Go, Go, Loser Ranger!)[D+] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=158724)

Stark700 2022-12-02 10:25

Sentai Daishikkaku (Go, Go, Loser Ranger!)[D+]

Looks like Ranger Reject is getting an anime adaptation with announcement coming up soon

Synopsis

Quote:

Thirteen years ago, suddenly the Villainous Army of evil appeared in their gigantic floating castle 10000 meters in the sky to invade Earth! The villainous army have reviving capabilities that make them immortal, making them a serious threat to humanity. To protect us against these invaders, the Divine Dragon Rangers, the Dragon Keepers, wield their miraculous powers and their weapons, Divine Tools, and continuously fight for our safety! The assault of the Villainous Army! The vigilance of the Dragon Keepers! Will they succeed in their conquest...? Find out in the action-packed superhero series of a lifetime!
https://twitter.com/shonenleaks/stat...96517954461696

Frontier 2022-12-02 11:37

Considering the authors' success with his previous work, his new one getting an anime feels inevitable :).

I haven't read it but I am a tokusatsu guy and loved Quints, so this will probably hit a sweet spot for me :heh:.

Stark700 2022-12-05 16:03

Confirmed, coming 2023

Frontier 2022-12-05 16:05

Looks pretty cool :).

Chosen_Hero 2022-12-05 20:19

No thanks, I don't watch shows from writers that insult their audiences intelligence.

Marcus H. 2022-12-05 21:48

Haha, after what happened to Quints? Gotta say pass to that.

MisaoFan 2022-12-05 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stark700 (Post 6532701)
Confirmed, coming 2023

Keiichi Satou is going to direct this

Nachtwandler 2022-12-06 04:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero (Post 6532726)
No thanks, I don't watch shows from writers that insult their audiences intelligence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 6532730)
Haha, after what happened to Quints? Gotta say pass to that.

I always find it funny when people bash on the story just because their ship lost.

But in all seriousness. Do you understand that he made Quints just because editors asked for it, while this one is his actual passion project?

WingedAccelerator 2022-12-06 05:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachtwandler (Post 6532747)
But in all seriousness. Do you understand that he made Quints just because editors asked for it, while this one is his actual passion project?

How is that admirable in any way? He made a cashgrab project whose main purpose was the ultimate waifu wars that worked out because his initial editor(s) made great choices. Fell down really hard in the second half and he admittedly had no idea where to go and how to prolong it. Sad, because he even called out the usual padding regarding these type of romcoms and how he is aware that the readers would be bored if he decides to do the same. Instead one, if not the most shitty writing techniques came in clutch, hindsight POV justification for characters where the initial scene is non-existent or has a completely different tone for the sake of later subversion. Bravo.

If I remember correctly, he wanted a 20 volumes or so long drama, mystery, but considering 5toubun already burned him out and this one also had breaks and small hiatuses, I don't think his passion is strong enough. I apologize if it was due to serious health issues.

Frontier 2022-12-06 10:35

I mean, I really enjoyed Quints pretty much up until the end. The ending wasn't 100% what I would have wanted or executed as well as it could have been (in my opinion) but the writing, art, and character work still made it one of my favorite romcoms and shows that the author has genuine talent in my book :).

Chosen_Hero 2022-12-06 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachtwandler (Post 6532747)
I always find it funny when people bash on the story just because their ship lost.

I always find it funny when people assume why others hate a story because they are incapable of critical thinking for themselves.

But in all seriousness, Do you understand that he insulted his fandoms (and his own characters) intelligence and made his story a literally waste of time with his shit writing, and as much as I love Sentai and Power Rangers I am not going to support bad writers.

Frontier 2022-12-07 00:32

Well, I didn't feel insulted, but I guess it's up to ones own personal perspective :heh:.

Tactics 2022-12-07 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 6532839)
Well, I didn't feel insulted, but I guess it's up to ones own personal perspective :heh:.

He's talking about the manga, which author promised 'mystery is it strong point', similar to Sentai here.

Even to this date, some people would ask why certain Go-toubun events happened whenever author do livestream drawing which he never answered; its like reading detective manga but the culprit already confessed about their methods and reason before deduction over. Then you have anime and side-materials released following anime already reduced stuffs that doesn't sit well with the ending, which doesn't help difference of opinion with anime-only.

Personally I don't think being passion project will contribute much.
The framework more or less same, after all. Mystery surrounding MC and group of five, just this time its sentai not a quintuplets.

Nachtwandler 2022-12-07 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero (Post 6532833)
I always find it funny when people assume why others hate a story because they are incapable of critical thinking for themselves.

But in all seriousness, Do you understand that he insulted his fandoms (and his own characters) intelligence and made his story a literally waste of time with his shit writing, and as much as I love Sentai and Power Rangers I am not going to support bad writers.

Someone was fine with the title I disliked so they are "incapable of critical thinking". You take a romcom to seriously. I am perfectly fine with the ending personally. It was not that I wanted but it was still way better when what I feared it be. And I never saw it as a serious mistery. That is all. So I don't get why so many people being salty?

Frontier 2022-12-07 10:34

The Yellow girl looks pretty cute :).

frubam 2022-12-07 17:00

Looks okay, though Sentai ain't usually my thing, Garo aside. Like the art style. Probably wont be too interested in it if the title isn't the draw; that is, 'unknown loser no one cares about saving the day'(like the beginning of OPM and whatnot).

Nachtwandler 2022-12-07 17:33

It's more of
Spoiler:

Chosen_Hero 2022-12-07 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachtwandler (Post 6532846)
Someone was fine with the title I disliked so they are "incapable of critical thinking". You take a romcom to seriously. I am perfectly fine with the ending personally. It was not that I wanted but it was still way better when what I feared it be. And I never saw it as a serious mistery. That is all. So I don't get why so many people being salty?

I don't think you understand the irony of your words.

Stark700 2023-10-10 15:04

Frontier 2023-10-10 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stark700 (Post 6560517)

How many times is Fumihiko Tachiki going to narrate tokusatsu anime :heh:?

Looks fun though. Also is that Yuichiro Kobayashi again :meh:?