AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (N) Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon (My Happy Marriage)[Netflix] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=157945)

Stark700 2022-04-05 08:04

Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon (My Happy Marriage)[Netflix]

Watashi no Shiawase na Kekkon (My Happy Marriage) is getting an anime adaptation. Studio will be Kinema Citrus.

Synopsis

Quote:

Miyo Saimori was the unfortunate child of a loveless, arranged marriage. After her mother died, her father brought in his lover and her own daughter, Kaya. From then on, Miyo's life was reduced to that of a mere servant. Even worse, while Kaya inherited the family's psychic abilities, Miyo had none—she was truly the daughter with no merit.

After years of being treated like dirt, Miyo has learned to keep her head down, hide her pain, and obey every order. So, it comes as no surprise that she is arranged to be married to Kiyoka Kudou, a military captain rumored to be so cruel that he has driven away every one of his potential wives so far.

From a painful upbringing to a painful marriage, that's the future that awaits Miyo—or so she thinks. Contrary to her expectations, her new husband is actually kind-hearted. What really awaits Miyo is a blissful, everlasting marriage full of happiness!
[Written by MAL Rewrite]

Teaser PV:

Official website:

watakon-anime.com

Marcus H. 2022-04-05 08:27

The main couple will be voiced by Kaito Ishikawa and Reina Ueda.
Evan Call will compose the music for the series.

iko_uwais 2022-04-05 08:38

Loved both the novel and manga, can't wait

Frontier 2022-04-05 10:06

I've heard really good things about this as a Shojo/Josei Romance series, so I am all for it :D.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 6506801)
The main couple will be voiced by Kaito Ishikawa and Reina Ueda.
Evan Call will compose the music for the series.

Wow, two amazing VA's as the leads and Evan Call composing music! Awesome :love:.

Mazryonh 2022-04-05 15:59

So is this going to be a soap-opera-type story? It isn't going to be an interesting story if they "live happily ever after" straight from the beginning. Regardless, this has me intrigued as to how they'll pull it off.

Is the story set in a specific timeframe?

tokinokanatae 2022-04-05 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 6506861)
So is this going to be a soap-opera-type story? It isn't going to be an interesting story if they "live happily ever after" straight from the beginning. Regardless, this has me intrigued as to how they'll pull it off.

It's not really a soap opera story, just a very classical type of Cinderella story. (I like it mainly because of the lead; it's interesting to see her come out of her shell and when she jumps to conclusions, it's typically because everything in her life has taught her the conclusion she comes to.)

I think a lot of people will find it rather slow, but I'm looking forward to seeing her tentatively try to get to know her equally clumsy fiance.

zztop 2022-04-05 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 6506861)

Yes, it's an alt-universe Meiji-era Japan where supernatural elements like ability bloodlines exist.

grecefar 2022-04-05 20:40

if it's going to be a fluffly happy marriage romance with a misunderstood guy, I'm all in with this.

Guardian Enzo 2022-04-05 22:07

Oh…It’s a LN? That’s a shame.

Frontier 2022-04-05 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokinokanatae (Post 6506868)
It's not really a soap opera story, just a very classical type of Cinderella story. (I like it mainly because of the lead; it's interesting to see her come out of her shell and when she jumps to conclusions, it's typically because everything in her life has taught her the conclusion she comes to.)

I think a lot of people will find it rather slow, but I'm looking forward to seeing her tentatively try to get to know her equally clumsy fiance.

I was kind of reminded of Taisho Otome Fairy Tail but I don't think it's an exact match at least in terms of tone and dynamics :heh:.

tokinokanatae 2022-04-05 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 6506892)
I was kind of reminded of Taisho Otome Fairy Tail but I don't think it's an exact match at least in terms of tone and dynamics :heh:.

The scenario might seem similar, but it couldn’t be more different in my opinion.

Kiyoka is the head of his family, he’s just not good with women in general and purposefully plays up his default harshness to avoid a marriage to a match who might just want him for his family status. Miyo has genuine trauma from her abusive upbringing—she’s not a sweet cheerful girl here to light up Kiyoka’s dreary life.
Spoiler for the very general progression of the romance:

Mazryonh 2022-04-06 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by zztop (Post 6506880)
Yes, it's an alt-universe Meiji-era Japan where supernatural elements like ability bloodlines exist.

That makes sense. I was thinking it might be set in the Taisho era, like Haikara-san ga Tooru AKA Here Comes Miss Modern was, which was a classic shoujo manga about a female character engaged to be married in an arranged marriage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokinokanatae (Post 6506868)

So the pacing will be slow? That might irritate those who are tired of the "will they, won't they" dance so commonly seen in romance-focussed Japanese fiction.

tokinokanatae 2022-04-06 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 6507004)
So the pacing will be slow? That might irritate those who are tired of the "will they, won't they" dance so commonly scene in romance-focussed Japanese fiction.

The pacing of the plot is slow, but there's no "will-they-or-won't-they" at all.

Mazryonh 2022-04-06 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokinokanatae (Post 6507036)
The pacing of the plot is slow, but there's no "will-they-or-won't-they" at all.

Sounds good. I'm frankly tired of romance-focussed anime series beating around the bush for season after season regarding who's in love with whom, like Nisekoi did. They could have made up for that by completely adapting that manga to anime, but they didn't.

zztop 2022-04-06 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 6506891)
Oh…It’s a LN? That’s a shame.

Currently 5 LNs in Japan, to be exact.
And there's an official translation of them too.
https://yenpress.com/9781975335021/m...2-light-novel/

There's also a manga adaptation too. Official English release this September.
https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...kiho-tsukioka/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 6507004)
That makes sense. I was thinking it might be set in the Taisho era...

Update - I think it might be an alt-Taisho era, given car usage is mentioned.

Mazryonh 2022-04-10 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by zztop (Post 6507038)
Update - I think it might be an alt-Taisho era, given car usage is mentioned.

When was it mentioned in the novel?

Mazryonh 2023-06-13 15:32

Apparently this series will stream with English subs on Netflix starting July 5, 2023. Here's a recent trailer:

Last Sinner 2023-06-13 19:13

Probably the main title from July I'm keen for.

Mazryonh 2023-06-13 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Last Sinner (Post 6549897)
Probably the main title from July I'm keen for.

I hope this will be a good series with some good themes. But if it turns out to be a "wow, suddenly I'm special and my prince charming will sweep me off my feet" kind of story, I think I'll pass on it.

Last Sinner 2023-06-13 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 6549898)
I hope this will be a good series with some good themes. But if it turns out to be a "wow, suddenly I'm special and my prince charming will sweep me off my feet" kind of story, I think I'll pass on it.

Given the hostility of the sister and initially cold nature of the guy, I imagine it would be more like Ancient Magus Bride rather than Snow White With The Red Hair.