AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Current Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   (CR) Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu ('Tis Time for "Torture," Princess) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=159239)

Stark700 2023-06-26 10:05

Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu ('Tis Time for "Torture," Princess)

Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu ('Tis Time for "Torture," Princess) anime announced. Coming January (Winter) 2024, Pine Jam studio

Nachtwandler 2023-06-26 10:23

Pretty trollish PV I would say.

Huh...? 2023-12-17 04:57

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Frontier 2023-12-17 16:59

Another talking sword? This is also giving me "I'm giving the disgraced noble lady a crash course in Naughtiness" vibes :eyespin:.

EroKing 2024-01-08 14:58

Episode 1

You can't hear a toast, in a manga... God damn, the sound effects :heh:

https://b.l3n.co/i/4WowkQ.md.png https://c.l3n.co/i/4WoyXe.md.png
Honestly I didn't have high expectations for this when watched the PV, but episode 1 was a delight to watch. Looking forward to the rest of the show :p

ryllharu 2024-01-08 16:47

This series is singularly sold by Shiraishi Haruka's vocal range fighting against the brilliant sound design.

I've become quite a fan of hers lately.

Kanon 2024-01-08 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by EroKing (Post 6567678)
You can't hear a toast, in a manga... God damn, the sound effects :heh:

https://b.l3n.co/i/4WowkQ.md.png https://c.l3n.co/i/4WoyXe.md.png
Honestly I didn't have high expectations for this when watched the PV, but episode 1 was a delight to watch. Looking forward to the rest of the show :p

I kinda had high expectations because I recalled Makoto Yukimura (Vinland Saga) recommending this manga. I've always wanted to read it since I see it getting updated every week on Mangaplus, but I never got around to it. The anime was the perfect opportunity, and I have to say I'm not disappointed in the least!

This show feels like a mix of Sleepy Princess and <insert popular food manga>. I was not expecting Hime (I don't know if she doesn't have a name or if it's literally her name) to be such a pushover. She gave in so damn fast :heh:

The sword providing the tsukkomi is a good move. And I can't help but wonder why she can't just grab it and escape. It wouldn't surprise me if they revealed at the end of the series that she could have escaped at any time but decided to stay for the delicious food.

The post credit scene replaying the opening battle but with Hime's thoughts was brilliant. She was never admirable :heh:

Anyway, this was super fun. Might actually be my favorite premiere this season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryllharu (Post 6567687)
This series is singularly sold by Shiraishi Haruka's vocal range fighting against the brilliant sound design.

I've become quite a fan of hers lately.

I couldn't quite place her voice and then I looked her up... duh! It's Asirpa-chan! I should have been able to tell.

ryllharu 2024-01-08 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6567691)
I couldn't quite place her voice and then I looked her up... duh! It's Asirpa-chan! I should have been able to tell.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. She has started to approach Tanezaki Atsumi in terms of range and melting into a role to the point you generally don't recognize her.

She managed a remarkable impression of Miyamoto Yume to cover for her when she was ill in Witch from Mercury. She's frequently cast more than once in games so they can have her play two wildly different roles

Even when I know it is her, I'm hard-pressed to recognize her.

stray 2024-01-08 18:35

Yeah this definitely reminds me of sleepy princess... the cooking show version. I liked it more than expected; I'm in for a couple more episodes anyway

serenade_beta 2024-01-08 23:26

Spoiler for ep1:

FlareKnight 2024-01-09 01:25

To be honest I probably would have preferred to see a show with her just traveling around being a warrior princess. Seems like that would have been pretty fun.

At least I can like this Princess more than the one from the sleepy princess series. It's not by much to be fair. But she was at least helpful to her own side while she was there. The opening scene was pretty fun at least.

Though maybe she's actually worse. Since that Princess was so selfish she was more problems for her captors than anything else. So while she didn't seem to care about her people...she was at least troubling their enemies. This Princess is more of a useful person which means she actually has valuable information and can doom her people far more effectively. I feel like the comedy loses a bit of zip since she's actually giving up useful intel...in the first episode...several times. I guess they'll try to save themselves with excuses for how her intel isn't causing massive casualties. Not that the Princess herself knows that. For all she knows the corpses are piling up as she speaks...and eats.

That being said, comedy is comedy. But not really getting any laughs out of this one so I'll probably just pass.

ryllharu 2024-01-09 04:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 6567712)
Though maybe she's actually worse. Since that Princess was so selfish she was more problems for her captors than anything else. So while she didn't seem to care about her people...she was at least troubling their enemies. This Princess is more of a useful person which means she actually has valuable information and can doom her people far more effectively. I feel like the comedy loses a bit of zip since she's actually giving up useful intel...in the first episode...several times. I guess they'll try to save themselves with excuses for how her intel isn't causing massive casualties. Not that the Princess herself knows that. For all she knows the corpses are piling up as she speaks...and eats.

I got the impression there is more going on that we're not fully seeing. The Grand Inquisitor had a line where she expected they'd release the Princess after the toast, only to be told the information wasn't useful at all so she had to try again for something bigger.

Then the secret weapon was something the Demon Lord was too afraid to even go after to use by their side, but it also didn't seem like the Empire had been intending to use it much either.

I'm guessing from these lines and the OP that Demon Lord isn't actually all that interested in continuing this war.

Master_Yoma 2024-01-09 21:51

Well this is some start with Hime being so strong and yet some how getting captured but got to hand it to knowing how to get to her just by using food

That monster really knows how to cook

Alchemist007 2024-01-11 13:03

Hoping there's more that happens outside the jail.

Kanon 2024-01-15 18:01

Different kind of "torture" this week. Still funny. The demons are really damn nice. And it turns that in addition to her sword, Hime also has her cellphone with her but hasn't thought of calling for help :heh:

My favorite joke was at the end, where she revealed the Queen's shoe size. Tortura then stated she'll be back if the intel turns out to be useless and Ex just went "Yup, she'll be back" :heh:

Master_Yoma 2024-01-15 21:38

Well didnt think that there would be an outlet hidden in the wall like that and have a phone on her

That some evil there eating all those cookies without looking at the pic on them first

ryllharu 2024-01-16 06:39

I guess the princess is largely providing them useless details. The demon lord finds the actually useful ones inconvenient and dismisses them.

That said, she's still steadily getting brainwashed. Or maybe deprogrammed by the demons who are generally pretty nice?

larethian 2024-01-16 21:57

A light-hearted show. Unfortunately, the humour is not strong enough for me to keep on my "now" watchlist. A show I would normally be ok to watch, but I have too many shows this season and a large backlog, so this also goes into the backlog for now.

BWTraveller 2024-01-17 13:25

Honestly, the Demon King's responses are pretty funny too right along the princess's weak will. A giant, hideous monster with fangs and a third eye, that never shows anything but a sneer, declaring "I'm too scared to use a weapon like that" or "I can't skip out on my cram school" is rather hilarious in itself.

Kanon 2024-01-17 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWTraveller (Post 6568661)
Honestly, the Demon King's responses are pretty funny too right along the princess's weak will. A giant, hideous monster with fangs and a third eye, that never shows anything but a sneer, declaring "I'm too scared to use a weapon like that" or "I can't skip out on my cram school" is rather hilarious in itself.

It seems clear to me that what he wants is peace. That's probably the kind of intel he's after. The pitiful excuses he comes up with when he is given intel that could allow the demons to win the war are indeed funny.