AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Log Horizon (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Log Horizon - Requests for new threads (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122717)

Kairin 2013-11-04 17:00

Log Horizon - Requests for new threads

Since the Log Horizon forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Log Horizon thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.

MeisterBabylon 2013-11-05 07:28

Fanfiction thread? Some of us are eagerly wanting to use our keyboards to "roll" a toon on LogHora and "play" along. :D

Chaos2Frozen 2013-11-05 07:56

Wouldn't that be more of a role playing thread :p ?

jeroz 2013-11-05 08:14

LOG HORIZON DND THREAD GO!

someone familiar with the content should host it :D

monir 2013-11-05 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon (Post 4897584)
Fanfiction thread? Some of us are eagerly wanting to use our keyboards to "roll" a toon on LogHora and "play" along. :D

Done!.............

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeroz (Post 4897610)
LOG HORIZON DND THREAD GO!

someone familiar with the content should host it :D

What's DND for starters?

erneiz_hyde 2013-11-05 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 4897612)
What's DND for starters?

Dungeons and Dragons. It's a very popular board game RPG format. However, I think it's fine to just use the fanfiction thread, since this is essentially that.

oh wait, the fanfiction thread is a single long thread so that might clutter things up if it actually takes off.

Chaos2Frozen 2013-11-05 09:26

We could, but a "fanfiction thread" implies only one thing and that people might not even associate it with anything else.

kuroishinigami 2013-11-05 10:31

What about manga thread(including side-story manga)?

Dark Wing 2013-11-05 12:09

Can we get a Thread discussing the working and mechanics of the world of Log Horizon. For example like what each class and sub-class is used for and how to utilize them.

tsunade666 2013-11-05 13:13

Image and manga (side stories) thread.

Marina2 2013-11-05 20:00

Game system / Class / Jobs / Skills discussion thread??

Spoiler should be allowed in a spoiler tag in the topic, if you made one.

CrowKenobi 2013-11-06 00:23

Image thread created. :)

For the others, it would help to have an opening post that can be used to start the thread (just post it here).

milan kyuubi 2013-11-07 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 4897612)
What's DND for starters?

snickering :heh:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/

:heh::heh::heh: LOL! monir doesn't know what DND is! :p:p;):heh::D
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

monir 2013-11-07 01:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 4897869)
Image and manga (side stories) thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuroishinigami (Post 4897721)
What about manga thread(including side-story manga)?

Thread created.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Wing (Post 4897818)
Can we get a Thread discussing the working and mechanics of the world of Log Horizon. For example like what each class and sub-class is used for and how to utilize them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marina2 (Post 4898186)
Game system / Class / Jobs / Skills discussion thread??

Spoiler should be allowed in a spoiler tag in the topic, if you made one.

Thread created.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milan kyuubi (Post 4899714)
snickering :heh:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/

:heh::heh::heh: LOL! monir doesn't know what DND is! :p:p;):heh::D
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

I am pretty ignorant when it comes to games and such! In fact, I don't even need a PC other than for watching anime and to browse this forum and NY Times. True story! :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde (Post 4897632)
Dungeons and Dragons. It's a very popular board game RPG format. However, I think it's fine to just use the fanfiction thread, since this is essentially that.

oh wait, the fanfiction thread is a single long thread so that might clutter things up if it actually takes off.

So how exactly could this discussion be conducted with its own distinct identity separating it from a Fan Fiction thread? Feel free to write an opening post explaining such and submit it here so a thread can be created.

erneiz_hyde 2013-11-07 06:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 4899750)
So how exactly could this discussion be conducted with its own distinct identity separating it from a Fan Fiction thread? Feel free to write an opening post explaining such and submit it here so a thread can be created.

The major part of anything DND with a new theme/lore is to first re-formulate the classes from the ground up. It's essentially converting the canon game class system into the D&D system. This alone would need major work which I doubt any single person could do by him/herself.

After this groundwork is done though, it's just a matter of playing it. A D&D session needs a minimum of 1 GameMaster and 1 players. The GameMaster provides the story/world to explore and the players play the game. Do you remember that Nasu, Gen, and Narita collaboration to create a story by role playing? Red Dragon? What they're doing is how usually D&D (and any other tabletop RPG) is played.

See? it's essentially a very serious Fan Fiction. And I have no intention on starting any time soon :heh:

aohige 2013-11-07 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde (Post 4897632)

Since the Log Horizon TRPG rulebook comes out early next year, that should help.

Me? I'm buying both books, of course. I've so far bought everything LH related. :heh:

Marcus H. 2013-11-08 08:12

Should we get a thread for those who want to discuss about their RPG/MMORPG/any other related game experiences?
It would be interesting to find out how this series rekindled the MMORPG flame in all of us. :D

monir 2013-11-08 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 4901266)
Should we get a thread for those who want to discuss about their RPG/MMORPG/any other related game experiences?
It would be interesting to find out how this series rekindled the MMORPG flame in all of us. :D

We don't want to make a thread that won't talk about Log Horizon in some way. If you guys still insist then one of the two things (or both) could be done:

a) Create a thread in the General Anime section of the forum, or/and

b) Create a thread which would try to compare Log Horizon vs. similar anime (no game) which played out the MMORPG theme such as Sword Art Online.

In an essence, this forum will discuss Log Horizon in some fashion. Anyone interested at option (b) see if you can write an opening post which would focus on what to discuss and how to discuss the topic by incorporating Log Horizon.

Marcus H. 2013-11-09 01:23

Quote:

b) Create a thread which would try to compare Log Horizon vs. similar anime (no game) which played out the MMORPG theme such as Sword Art Online.
OH GOD NO, please. :uhoh:

Neki Ecko 2013-11-09 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 4902110)
OH GOD NO, please. :uhoh:

But it will calm down the LH vs SAO/.HACK voices big time. I say go for it.