AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun T - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=154871)

Kairin 2020-01-25 11:11

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun T - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun T, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Chosen_Hero 2020-01-25 12:24

Gotta love how dramatic Kogou acted when she was eliminated.:heh:

Side-streetdog 2020-01-25 13:53

This is a good episode, balloons battle done a better job than I hope
But Misaki meet Touma scene, I feel lacking. They could done a lot better than this
In manga, even we don't much about Misaki at that time.
We still knew something was wrong in that meeting.
With Misaki story already revealed in novel, I was expected more, probably too much

But well, that telepathy girl screaming surpassed my expectation :heh:

Frontier 2020-01-25 14:02

That frog mask is so Mikoto :D.

I love how Kongou takes her balloon popping and turns it into a dramatic death scene. She's so delightfully extra :heh:.

I guess with proper strategy and use of resources, even a lower-grade school can give some elite, prep school, girls a good run for their money ;).

As if the loss isn't enough for Tokiwadai, now they all might need to start cleaning toilets :eyespin:.

It was great to see Kuroko can still catch some crooks even in a wheelchair. Nice to hear her go "Judgement Desu No" again as well :cool:.

Maybe Uiharu should just wear shorts in general. Would save some embarrassment from Saten flipping her skirt all the time :p.

Touma! He was in the Opening, but it was nice to see him make his pre-requisite appearance in Railgun :).

Misaki had a weird reaction to Touma showing up. Plus...how did she know his name when he never introduced himself :eyebrow:?

So now it looks like we're going to see a Sister kidnapped again. I guess whatever MEMBER needs Misaka for, they can settle for a clone, which Misaki helpfully pointed out to them :mad:.

serenade_beta 2020-01-25 14:51

Did they fire the jet plane-SE guy? I think Touma's ability's SE changed again.

Chosen_Hero 2020-01-25 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 6395984)
So now it looks like we're going to see a Sister kidnapped again. I guess whatever MEMBER needs Misaka for, they can settle for a clone, which Misaki helpfully pointed out to them :mad:.

Nope, Mikoto was the only target, that one dude doesn't know that he got a clone, he thinks he got the original.

Nachtwandler 2020-01-25 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero (Post 6396040)
Nope, Mikoto was the only target, that one dude doesn't know that he got a clone, he thinks he got the original.

When why they discussed Sisters in ep. 1? Also, from the phone talk Misaki had it sounded like she told that the one on screen is not the real Mikoto. Am I misdunderstanding something? Or is she playing her own game here?

Marcus H. 2020-01-25 20:25

Thanks to Discord, here's some info about the sound effects guys throughout the years.

Quote:

They changed the sound director for the series.
Railgun (and Index Movie/Accelerator) is Jin Aketagawa, an anime industry legend and is even the blueprint for the sound director in Shirobako! (https://myanimelist.net/people/8074/)

Index I and II is by Yasunori Ebina (https://myanimelist.net/people/8110/Yasunori_Ebina), while Index III is by relatively inexperienced Takayuki Yamaguchi, most prominently as sound director of Steins;Gate 0 and Eromanga-sensei. (https://myanimelist.net/people/40087/Takayuki_Yamaguchi)
Also, another piece of trivia: this episode apparently trended in Japan, with New Testament Volume 11 SELLING OUT after the airing of the episode.

Wandering Soul 2020-01-25 21:32

Dang, the clones are almost as bad as Touma and Misaka when it comes to staying out of trouble.

Kongou's reaction to getting eliminated is very fitting for her.

Frontier 2020-01-25 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero (Post 6396040)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachtwandler (Post 6396046)
When why thay discussed Sisters in ep. 1? Also, from the phone talk Miski had it sounded like she told that the one on screen is not the real Mikoto. Am I misdunderstanding something? Or is she playing her own game here?

Yeah, I thought she was with that same guy at the end who she was telling that the Mikoto they pricked was actually a Sister, since she could tell the difference with her powers.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 6396048)
Thanks to Discord, here's some info about the sound effects guys throughout the years.

Also, another piece of trivia: this episode apparently trended in Japan, with New Testament Volume 11 SELLING OUT after the airing of the episode.

Speaking of sound, Imagine Breaker seems like it's back to what it used to sound like? Or some approximation to that effect.

Marcus H. 2020-01-25 22:35

Yep, the IB sound is familiar-sounding now, only slightly subdued.

HandofFate 2020-01-26 01:56

Misaki x Touma is probably my 2nd favorite ship pairing

Kuroageha 2020-01-26 23:14

As expected, anime only audience caught interest on Misaki and started investigating about it causing Misaki to be trending as well as the increase of manga/LN related to her.

Cosmic Eagle 2020-01-28 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroageha (Post 6396302)
As expected, anime only audience caught interest on Misaki and started investigating about it causing Misaki to be trending as well as the increase of manga/LN related to her.

They're all welcome to the ship of eternal denial

Kuroageha 2020-01-30 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 6396611)
They're all welcome to the ship of eternal denial

Which one? :heh:

ImperialFlameGod8190 2020-02-01 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroageha (Post 6396964)
Which one? :heh:

Misaki and Toma.

Shinji103 2020-02-02 02:22

Um...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fixed (Post 6397343)
Misaka and Toma.

Reading/watching a little too much Attack on Titan, are we?..... :heh:

Random Wanderer 2020-02-02 09:33

Even though it didn't pay off due to Baba's interference, 10032's declaration that after facing Accelerator 10000 times these kids are nothing but small fry felt pretty damn awesome.

ImperialFlameGod8190 2020-02-02 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103 (Post 6397508)
Um...Reading/watching a little too much Attack on Titan, are we?..... :heh:

not at all. I hate AOT that was just confused and i actually meant to say Misaki. hard to say more because of spoilers but that ship is doomed for many reasosn

Shinji103 2020-02-03 00:41

Well given something else (well, it’s not really a spoiler, but still) I’m at least hoping that the block might get fixed, but yeah can’t really say anything beyond that here.