AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How do you guys read Light Novels? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=127403)

XenosRite 2014-07-27 12:03

How do you guys read Light Novels?

Do you mainly buy a paperback? Donwload from Amazon or other sites similar? Torrent it?

Princess Angels 2014-07-27 12:08

Namida is Thinking

:heh: I think Both

XenosRite 2014-07-27 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namida Takahashi (Post 5194288)
:heh: I think Both

:D Can the digital downloads be the same though?

Riz 2014-07-27 12:13

free ebook....
in my country, paper(import) or paying downloadable got tax twice(or thrice) of the actual price of product...
(TT^TT)

XenosRite 2014-07-27 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riz (Post 5194292)
free ebook....
in my country, paper(import) or paying downloadable got tax twice(or thrice) of the actual price of product...
(TT^TT)

Yeah, I know, "Under The Hell and Above The Heaven" has an awful taxing system. :p

Magin 2014-07-28 01:10

It doesn't have every light novel out there, but try doing a google search for Baka-Tsuki. Against Forum Rules to say much more.

senjiro 2014-07-28 01:31

Baka-tsuki, guhehe, solitary... japtem.... basically in web for translating ...
When all fails coz the LN is not pick up by anyone, search in narou(amatsunagi posted links very interestings) using GT and kill my brain...
edit: in my country i dont think you can find LN the LN licensed in usa i dont like it... so only can see in these webs... and here when users post his translations of google docs
Lets roll....

XenosRite 2014-07-28 03:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magin (Post 5194908)
It doesn't have every light novel out there, but try doing a google search for Baka-Tsuki. Against Forum Rules to say much more.

So you guys prefer digital to paperback?

Zakoo 2014-07-28 03:40

I buy them on bookwalker in digital version.

I could also buy them in paper but I would need to be sure to buy a good amount of book in one go to not be strangled by transports fees.

And digital is better, at least I don't have to stress for people watching the cover of the book in the train, or weird images popping out.

Riz 2014-07-28 03:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenosRite (Post 5194348)
Yeah, I know, "Under The Hell and Above The Heaven" has an awful taxing system. :p

U know it too heh..
:heh:

dragon1412 2014-07-28 03:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenosRite (Post 5194973)
So you guys prefer digital to paperback?

generally similar problem to Zakoo, sometimes, the transportation cost actually end up higher than the book's cost so ii will have to wait pile them up and take all for a single ship and there are some series you want to try out before actually buying, there is also the problem of release date but generally the cost is the main factor.

ninryu 2014-07-28 04:19

As much as I prefer to read a physical book, there are hardly any light novels in the manga shop I buy from, so I have no choice but to download.

novalysis 2014-07-28 06:05

If you cannot read Japanese, then legal English translations are generally several years behind the Japanese release, as a rule of thumb - less legit means of finding English translations cannot be shared on this forum unfortunately, but Google exist for reason, after all. But if you can read Japanese, Amazon JP is probably your best bet, but odds are, you are still going to pay significantly more than someone in Japan- import taxes, shipping costs, etc....

Sakuratsuki 2014-07-28 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by novalysis (Post 5195049)
If you cannot read Japanese, then legal English translations are generally several years behind the Japanese release, as a rule of thumb - less legit means of finding English translations cannot be shared on this forum unfortunately, but Google exist for reason, after all. But if you can read Japanese, Amazon JP is probably your best bet, but odds are, you are still going to pay significantly more than someone in Japan- import taxes, shipping costs, etc....

Amazon Japan is not the best solution to buy light novels from (actually the worst option out there). You should try Honto instead. lower taxes and most of the time you don't have to pay any shipping costs. The only negative side about Honto is the shipping time (almost 3 weeks).

Well, I prefer to read physical books instead but there are hardly any light novels out there translated to English. So, most of the time I read them digitally. I'm using the Bakatsuki app (Android). This month I bought Accel world vol.1 (physical book).

Kyosuke_Nanbu 2014-07-28 07:02

web novel, BT and the like.

Download ebook or just copy the text.Paste into a txt file, transfer it into my phone.

Read.

I would rather read paperback it is not an option to me.

XenosRite 2014-07-28 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu (Post 5195079)
web novel, BT and the like.

Download ebook or just copy the text.Paste into a txt file, transfer it into my phone.

Read.

I would rather read paperback it is not an option to me.

I find ereaders to be great for such things though. :)

Zakoo 2014-07-28 16:40

Problem with ereader is the zoning.

You can't buy any LN on a kindle if you aren't located in japan for example.

Kyosuke_Nanbu 2014-07-28 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenosRite (Post 5195508)
I find ereaders to be great for such things though. :)

No ereader can compare to paperback book in my opinion.

i even printed some scifi novels to read.

Forbin 2014-07-29 15:31

The Baka Tsuki mentioned above has an Android reader as well.

Biohazardous 2014-07-29 15:41

I prefer my stuff digital. I hope light novels get translated more soon. I have recently started reading them and love it. I havent read since my very young days before starting with Highschool Dxd recently.