AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   High School DxD (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   High School DxD Hero - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=151644)

NightWish 2018-06-12 06:31

High School DxD Hero - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for High School DxD Hero, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

B214 2018-06-12 09:48

Spoiler for 9:

Gaizafaiz 2018-06-12 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by B214 (Post 6246257)
Spoiler for 9:

Agreed. This is all due to fujoshis. :heh:

Back to the topic, the episode was okay. The pacing for the first half feels weird. But, it may be just me. The part where Irina contemplates whether to follow Xenovia or not for Issei is sooo fucking damn cute. I was dying of happiness.

The second half was okay. Didn't see anything wrong with the pacing. But as you said, Diehausar looks ugly.

Royalknightftw 2018-06-12 13:18

I quite liked the episode. They did well handling Issei's trauma scene but some of the animation parts were really off. Here is hoping the Blu-ray version will fix it

Lex79 2018-06-12 13:59

I liked it. Isswi isn't as dense as one may thought but he actually has reasons to be afraid to take the next step. And finally the girls understood his problems and helped him. A very heartwarming moment.

Seafoam 2018-06-12 14:56

Hades looks a lot better than I thought he was gonna look. As for Diehauser, it looks like Miyama-Zero himself slightly redesigned his face, given that he designed him for the anime.

godz 2018-06-12 15:27

Hades is fucking tall and ... nice? I say that batch of colors makes it pleasing to the viewer.

ImperialFlameGod8190 2018-06-12 17:19

As an LN reader once again i find this episode to be a letdown. Had you ended the last episode with the moment it makes more sense but starting it with it doesn't have the same flare.
Xenovia getting involved actually takes away from the moment and Irina makes it worse. I mean damn if they're gonna have Irina involved why the hell make her a damn angel.
I know what's coming but honestly seeing it makes it easier to be critical but it is what it is.

GDB 2018-06-12 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 (Post 6246373)
Xenovia getting involved actually takes away from the moment and Irina makes it worse. I mean damn if they're gonna have Irina involved why the hell make her a damn angel.

You're literally complaining about things that were in the LN. It's not like they're going to remove a fanservice scene, so not sure what you were expecting.

darkofficer 2018-06-12 20:13

it seems that every episode is a letdown for you. and for those other 2 complaints isn't the same in the novels.

''As a LN reader'' it was a good episode

Benigmatica 2018-06-12 20:14

Wow, that was some intense healing in the first half. Still, I have to say that there will always be politics whenever a big event is happening in the underworld.

Anyways, can't wait for the next episode! Also, who remembers Riser Phenex?

ImperialFlameGod8190 2018-06-12 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 6246404)
You're literally complaining about things that were in the LN. It's not like they're going to remove a fanservice scene, so not sure what you were expecting.

I can't deny that it was like that but when i remembered this scene i got a different vibe sue me.

Gaizafaiz 2018-06-12 23:07

It feels like they are making Irina lewder in the anime. Which I like since she gets so little screen time in the novel. Hopefully there's more to it.

The 48th Ronin 2018-06-13 03:59

Finally, AinzHades, Rudiger & Diehauser made their debut. And I pity the folks who think Ise is another mindless harem MC. :heh:

Diehauser looks weird. Some lapses in drawing probably.

PS: Praise Passione for that Le Fay eye-catch.

ImperialFlameGod8190 2018-06-13 04:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin (Post 6246474)

PS: Praise Passione for that Le Fay eye-catch.

The eye-catches have been on point this season

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaizafaiz (Post 6246430)
It feels like they are making Irina lewder in the anime. Which I like since she gets so little screen time in the novel. Hopefully there's more to it.

It's not that they're making Irina lewder but it's more like she's now part of the daily hijinks so stuff is going to happen.

Kirihara_R 2018-06-13 04:36

Hmmm the "healing session" is a bit of a let down for me (really only a bit) , I wonder why? Maybe because the tension is already tone down from last week that I find the emotions lacking compared to the time when I read the ln ..nevertheless its still a good episode

BWTraveller 2018-06-13 12:28

I only noticed one thing I thought was odd (in the uncensored version): when Koneko is kneeling down as they all come in for some reason she's completely bare-chested, no robes at all, and then for several more clips afterward her robe is back on again. Dumb thing to notice perhaps but still.

And speaking of Koneko, seems like she's just getting more and more enthusiastic and blatant about her marking, this time deliberately and specifically pressing her butt into his crotch. And for some reason licking his nipple!?

I'm constantly surprised to see that so many little girls adore Boob Dragon. I can't help but wonder what that show's going to do to the culture of this new generation...

The new style of game sounds interesting, looking forward to what's coming.

Benigmatica 2018-06-13 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin (Post 6246474)
Diehauser looks weird. Some lapses in drawing probably.

More importantly, I want to see him speak on the next episode!

ImperialFlameGod8190 2018-06-13 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirihara_R (Post 6246481)
Hmmm the "healing session" is a bit of a let down for me (really only a bit) , I wonder why? Maybe because the tension is already tone down from last week that I find the emotions lacking compared to the time when I read the ln ..nevertheless its still a good episode

THANK YOU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWTraveller (Post 6246565)
I only noticed one thing I thought was odd (in the uncensored version): when Koneko is kneeling down as they all come in for some reason she's completely bare-chested, no robes at all, and then for several more clips afterward her robe is back on again. Dumb thing to notice perhaps but still.

And speaking of Koneko, seems like she's just getting more and more enthusiastic and blatant about her marking, this time deliberately and specifically pressing her butt into his crotch. And for some reason licking his nipple!?

I'm constantly surprised to see that so many little girls adore Boob Dragon. I can't help but wonder what that show's going to do to the culture of this new generation...

The new style of game sounds interesting, looking forward to what's coming.

I mean the devils already have an eccentric like Serafall so Issei isn't THAT horrible role model wise

Dengar 2018-06-14 07:00

I liked the episode, but I'm so confused. One minute everybody is calling Issei the worst human being in the world, then a minute later they're rubbing their tits all over him.

Which one is it?