AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   News & Politics (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   Former Japanese PM Shinzo Abe dead at 67 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=158311)

MeoTwister5 2022-07-07 22:21

Former Japanese PM Shinzo Abe dead at 67

Japan ex-PM Abe injured after reported gunshot attack

Yu Ominae 2022-07-07 22:49

The guy was apprehended by SP officers.

Also the shotgun seemed to be improvised with two barrels on a plank held by electric tape.

MeoTwister5 2022-07-07 23:40

He reportedly is in cardiac arrest. This would essentially be an assassination now.

Yu Ominae 2022-07-07 23:55

Kishida stopped campaigning. He's going back to Nagatachō.

n0m@n 2022-07-08 04:00

Update. Sadly Abe has passed away.

Yu Ominae 2022-07-08 04:12

Yeah. Heard about it too.

MeoTwister5 2022-07-08 04:15

So now it's an assassination. The weapon was apparently an improvised makeshift gun using gunpowder with an electrical ignition. Whoever this was he put a hell of an effort and planning making his own weapon and doing this.

Yu Ominae 2022-07-08 05:48

Suspect is an ex-JMSDF sailor. I suspect that he has knowledge of doing parts of making an improvised gun from his service.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2022-07-08 06:13

RIP Shinzo Abe. He brought some semblance of stability to Japan for many years as PM.

Whatever his political views are, he doesn't deserve this. Sadly, I can see many of his detractors celebrating inside.

Yu Ominae 2022-07-08 06:27

Nara police raided the suspect's apartment.

Uncovered explosives and a bunch of improvised guns with multiple barrels.

Diluc 2022-07-08 06:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0m@n (Post 6517388)
Update. Sadly Abe has passed away.

I just learned Abe apparently is childless.

It seem his wife still alive, cant imagine how she felt.

Yu Ominae 2022-07-08 08:37

The suspect Yamagami had a browser history of DIY weapons, so he also had knowledge of his improvised weapons from those sites aside from (likely) his time in the JMSDF.

He also said that he was after a supposed group because of its connection with Abe and shot him, being convinced...

Sheba 2022-07-08 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yu Ominae (Post 6517415)
The suspect Yamagami worked in a manufacturing company from 2020 before he left in May 2022, so he also had knowledge of his improvised weapons from his time there aside from (likely) his time in the JMSDF.

He also said that he was after a supposed group because of its connection with Abe and shot him, being convinced...

Can only pray its just a delusional loony, and not something worse that could potentially turn Abe into East Asia Franz Ferdinand. Aka the last thing the world need, with what's going on in Ukraine and what could happen to Taiwan.

mangamuscle 2022-07-08 09:20

The morale of the story being, we live in a dangerous world, where the secret service should not be lax just because you live in a country that is not gun crazy and high in crime. They should be on the lookout for copycats, remember the boston marathon bombing.

Yu Ominae 2022-07-08 09:23

Actually reporters in a press conference asked the police if the SP presence in Nara (they were protecting Councillor Kei Sato since he's due for re-election) was adequate in terms of numbers/positions they took.

No comment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheba (Post 6517416)
Can only pray its just a delusional loony, and not something worse that could potentially turn Abe into East Asia Franz Ferdinand. Aka the last thing the world need, with what's going on in Ukraine and what could happen to Taiwan.

Well he did say that he was "after" a religious group. And his browser history included DIY guide on making explosives and firearms.

serenade_beta 2022-07-08 10:01

Wow... I heard he died last night, but I thought it might have been disease or something, but wow... Assassination by gun, in Japan.
Wow...

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2022-07-08 11:14

An interesting POV video from Abroad in Japan:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
It's age-restricted so you have to watch it directly on YT.

mangamuscle 2022-07-08 11:53

What surprises me after watching the video (I normally stay away from that kind of footage, watching once "Faces of Death" was enough) is that the first shoot failed and he just stood there. Firearms are normally loud and that makeshift shotgun must have been specially loud, he should have thrown himself to the ground or ran for cover, but I suppose that is one of the drawbacks of living in a peaceful country, when I hear gunshots I try to determine the direction (they come from kilometers away, I live on a quiet hill) to see if I really have to take cover (never has this been necessary, but thinking that is some kind of safeguard is dangerous).

Dextro 2022-07-08 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 6517401)
Whatever his political views are, he doesn't deserve this.

Very much this. No one deserves to die through the barrel of a gun. No one.

Key Board 2022-07-08 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yu Ominae (Post 6517421)
Actually reporters in a press conference asked the police if the SP presence in Nara (they were protecting Councillor Kei Sato since he's due for re-election) was adequate in terms of numbers/positions they took.

No comment.

Well he did say that he was "after" a religious group. And his browser history included DIY guide on making explosives and firearms.

Did he believe Shinzo Abe was part of satanic cult or something. Because there's one relevant group in Japan that believes that: J- anon

//