AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru... Index [LN/M] (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Index Light Novels have been licensed by Yen Press (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=125621)

relentlessflame 2014-04-19 23:33

Index Light Novels have been licensed by Yen Press

Yen Press has announced that they've licensed the Index Light Novels. This thread can be used to discuss this news, and information up to and after the release begins.

I would also like to remind everyone that, as with all licensed works, it is no longer permissible to link to or discuss any unofficial translations. You may still discuss what happens in the recent novels (and we will still create threads for recent novel volumes as they come out), but you may not discuss how to unofficially read them in English whether in a public thread, in social groups, or even by private message on this site.

Marcus H. 2014-04-20 00:10

How does this work if the official novel is more than 20 volumes away from the latest?
Surely, I doubt a lot of people would discuss the very first volume of Index. That has been done to death a long time ago.

Hell_ping 2014-04-20 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 5090920)
How does this work if the official novel is more than 20 volumes away from the latest?

33 volumes, actually.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 5090920)
Surely, I doubt a lot of people would discuss the very first volume of Index. That has been done to death a long time ago.

I doubt anyone will discuss the first series in this subforum actually. Half of it has been covered by the anime, and certain arcs have been adapted in various forms over and over again.

Thatguy3331 2014-04-20 00:23

Well I guess the only thing that'll be talked about here is the presentation of the books, the only LN I have from Yen Press is a Haruhi book (although it's the cheaper paperback book with an alternate cover) and from what I can tell the pictures came out nice and it was easy to read through.

gensouR-1 2014-04-20 00:35

Counting the total volumes All series YenPress Licensed including Index doesnt this mean they are working 40+ LN Volumes?:heh:.I can't really see them Releasing All of them.

ACertainStark 2014-04-20 00:37

I'd put more faith in them than any other publication to do this. :heh: They're aware of what they got into.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thatguy3331 (Post 5090932)
Well I guess the only thing that'll be talked about here is the presentation of the books, the only LN I have from Yen Press is a Haruhi book (although it's the cheaper paperback book with an alternate cover) and from what I can tell the pictures came out nice and it was easy to read through.

Me, too. I own the paperback collections of them and they were fine. Material and all.

Chaos2Frozen 2014-04-20 00:38

Holy shit, someone actually did it? It's over 20 volumes!

But I guess I'm eating crow tonight :uhoh:

IceHism 2014-04-20 00:45

Oh no, this is bad. Now the translations will all be pulled down while people here wait years just so the english novel tries to catch up (which i doubt they will).

FDW 2014-04-20 00:46

I'm so hyped for this!

Chaos2Frozen 2014-04-20 00:50

Is there any information regarding whether they have licensed the entire series, or just the "old testament"?

Marcus H. 2014-04-20 00:54

A lot of people assume that only OT was counted. But then again, that might just be people expecting Yen Press to be reasonable enough not to bog down on the series even more by including New Testament to their license.

Chaos2Frozen 2014-04-20 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 5090962)
A lot of people assume that only OT was counted. But then again, that might just be people expecting Yen Press to be reasonable enough not to bog down on the series even more by including New Testament to their license.

That's a fair assumption and I would think so too, but I've already been caught off guard by them once today.

If you had asked me before I went to bed last night whether Index would ever get licensed I would decisively said no... Now... Now I'm not so sure if anything is impossible... :eyespin:

gensouR-1 2014-04-20 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 5090995)
That's a fair assumption and I would think so too, but I've already been caught off guard by them once today.

If you had asked me before I went to bed last night whether Index would ever get licensed I would decisively said no... Now... Now I'm not so sure if anything is impossible... :eyespin:

No one expected THIS that's for sure.:heh:

Sacredus 2014-04-20 01:38

I have mixed feelings about this. Yes, it's good (for people living in US), but also rises chances of manga adaptation license in my country and we had too much of this sh*t already (we don't have any LN here)... :/

FDW 2014-04-20 01:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by gensouR-1 (Post 5091013)
No one expected THIS that's for sure.:heh:

You know, unexpected things are happening so much these days, I don't know what my expectations should be!

Let's hope this done well.

R.LocK 2014-04-20 02:21

Well, I know how to spend some money in... next ten years :heh: Unless they churn out three volumes a year.

FDW 2014-04-20 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.LocK (Post 5091061)
Well, I know how to spend some money in... next ten years :heh: Unless they churn out three volumes a year.

They said that they're starting with three volumes per year, and will accelerate things at the soonest opportunity.

WiliamZ0 2014-04-20 02:55

Let's see ... I kinda happy TAMnI get licensed, but it also bad news. But, I highly doubt Yen Press gonna licensed NT. Since The way I see it. NT considered as separated pieces of TAMnI, even though it part of TAMnI.

And ... I don't want Nt to stop, it's getting epic

R.LocK 2014-04-20 02:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDW (Post 5091077)
They said that they're starting with three volumes per year, and will accelerate things at the soonest opportunity.

Perfect. It's the best bundle I could ever hope for the beginning of oficial translation.

Marina2 2014-04-20 03:05

In my country, we got LC for Index novel for a while now. The publisher who LC-ed it released 7 translated volumes in the last year. (They plan to release at least 6 volumes per year.)

Reaching the lastest volume in Japan is not a dream.