AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fairy Tail (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest (manga) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=151959)

LKK 2018-07-24 08:41

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest (manga)

Welcome to the thread for the sequel manga, Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest.

immblueversion 2018-07-24 10:02

I forget how involved Hiro is with this sequel beyond storyboarding. I already know he's a joke in the eyes of the online manga fan community as a whole (and I won't pretend I don't see why), and people are already bashing on Edens Zero even though it's some of the most solid stuff he's written in years (plus, two whole chapters have gone by without Shiki saying the word "friend" over 20 times; looks like Rebecca really put him in his place). But for the people whose problems with FT lie solely with Hiro's writing, then maybe this will gain some more traction depending on how involved he is, because I like Atsuo from the work I've seen him do.

Spoiler:

immblueversion 2018-07-24 11:58

I found some raws. Turns out two chapters have been released/leaked. I can't really tell, but here's some info I could pick up from them:

Spoiler for Chapters 1+2:

EDIT: The images have updated with a reveal on what the job entails:

Spoiler for The 100-Year Quest:

Ultragunner 2018-07-25 05:42

speaking of which, is this the same 100-year quest that Gildarts took on before?
and why did he even encounter Acnologia then? Just a coincidence?

Kafriel 2018-07-25 08:16

I assume it is the same - how many could there be? IIRC Gildarts just got sidetracked by Acnologia's trail, which led to their fight and his defeat. I really liked Natsu's reply to him, it was very mature despite still hopping on the good old nakama train of thought.

I won't expect too much out of this spinoff, but so far it's looking to be the best one yet.

B214 2018-07-25 09:29

I still don't understand why Natsu who's raised by a Dragon gets surprised to see a Dragon. Especially when he's looking forward to seeing one. >__>

immblueversion 2018-07-25 11:02

I've noticed that the guild banner that read "Wizard Guild X633" was present in the very first chapter of the original manga. And now we know that was the year that wizard guilds were born. That's actually pretty neat.

immblueversion 2018-07-25 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultragunner (Post 6262863)
speaking of which, is this the same 100-year quest that Gildarts took on before?
and why did he even encounter Acnologia then? Just a coincidence?

It's confirmed to be the very same quest. The mark was five other dragons as powerful as Acnologia. I have a theory that he heard a rumor that one of the five was sighted in Ishgal, but it turned out to be Acnologia instead. And since he realized that he actually had to kill five others like him, he knew then that he was out of his depth and backed out while he still had two limbs and the important internal organs left.

silenceblade 2018-07-25 21:37

Acnologia was suppose to rule the world yet the timeline was altered. If that was possible Zeref could have changed the timeline whenever he wanted. Zeref's death made no sense. Killing Zeref with the another curse made no sense as the curse came from the god of life and death. Unless god permitted it (not to mention Zeref supposedly stole Mavis's curse from her) killing Zeref with the curse made no sense.

Anyway, there are too much plot holes with the story.

MAX_COLA_POWER! 2018-07-26 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by silenceblade (Post 6263064)
Acnologia was suppose to rule the world yet the timeline was altered. If that was possible Zeref could have changed the timeline whenever he wanted. Zeref's death made no sense. Killing Zeref with the another curse made no sense as the curse came from the god of life and death. Unless god permitted it (not to mention Zeref supposedly stole Mavis's curse from her) killing Zeref with the curse made no sense.

Anyway, there are too much plot holes with the story.

We know, it's called shirts exposing cleavage. Just enjoy/hate the purdy pics and move it along.

Clipens 2018-07-26 10:44

The quality of the story is very good (two-fronts telling) and the art is good (there are some flaws but these are the first chapters). The four new characters are interesting (A non-elemental dragon slayer and three strong wizards).

immblueversion 2018-07-26 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clipens (Post 6263207)
The quality of the story is very good (two-fronts telling) and the art is good (there are some flaws but these are the first chapters). The four new characters are interesting (A non-elemental dragon slayer and three strong wizards).

Two of those wizards already ran away and probably will never be seen again.

Wandering Soul 2018-07-26 19:07

Looks like there is going to be some power escalation going on. They really just introduced 5 new characters who are allegedly as strong as Acnologia.

cyberdemon 2018-07-26 21:57

The art is a little rougher than before which is to be expected since Mashima isn't as involved as before. However it is good that at least the style is still similar to what we are used to unlike the Boruto manga which has a different style to it.

alex_drian 2018-07-29 20:21

Suddenly the power scale went up. Like-the-most-of-sequels, damnit. Let me tell you, if Bleach someday have a sequel the scale would be of Ywath and up.

immblueversion 2018-07-31 21:38

So many people cried foul over Acnologia not mentioning a thing about these dragons if he said he killed all dragons. One chapter later, and it turns out he simply didn't know about them because they were hiding away peacefully. And we already know he can only track things that don't just hide away peacefully.

When you ask a silly question...

Anh_Minh 2018-08-01 01:09

We still don't know why anyone would be interested in murdering five peaceful dragons.

Blueknight78 2018-08-01 01:35

well to be fair he told which instead of kill you can just "seal away them", them they not really need to kill the dragons just find a way to make the "disappear".

Hokoga 2018-08-01 06:44

I just read CH.3 so please allow me to rant for a bit.

I wouldn't trust Elefseria, he seems suspicious.

Judging from what he said the 5 Holy Pentadrakes haven't actually done anything wrong or harmful to the world.

Also the reward sounds way too ridiculous, Elefseria is probably trying to usurp the powers of those 5 Holy Pentadrakes after they get sealed.

I'm a little disappointed how Natsu and Wendy(who were raised by dragons) had easily jumped on the dragon sealing quest without at least questioning the reason for sealing them, other than "They're too powerful, so they have to be sealed despite the fact that they haven't done anything wrong." I wonder how many people thought the same about Igneal, since judging from what the other dragons have said Igneal in his prime was either as strong or stronger than Acnologia.

(I know it's too early to judge but right now I'm leaning towards Elefseria being the hidden antagonist.)

Clipens 2018-08-02 04:27

The chapter gives various hints:
- A Water Dragon, A dragon which can burn the sky and another which can create fissures in the earth --> the five dragons are based on chinese elements, probably their balance is unstable;
- the wishes of Wendy and Lucy suggest a return of Brandish and the horned guy talked about another group of travellers. It's possible Brandish squad arrived in the portual city looking for Aquarius;
- the wish of Gray hints a group of exceed into the new continent;
- the two new wizard are similar to Freed and Evergreen. It's possible they are eye magic users and it's possible a member of their group has the ability to convince the "100 years queste" to search other dragons;
- Is Gajeel forming again the B-team?