AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   (L) Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=147491)

Xftg123 2017-03-15 21:56

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e

I'm surprised no one has talked about this series on here yet.

Story's Description: "Kōdo Ikusei Senior High School, a leading prestigious school with state-of-the-art facilities where nearly 100% of students go on to university or find employment. The students there have the freedom to wear any hairstyle and bring any personal effects they desire. Kōdo Ikusei is a paradise-like school, but the truth is that only the most superior of students receive favorable treatment.

The protagonist Kiyotaka Ayanokōji is a student of D-class, which is where the school dumps its “inferior” students in order to ridicule them. For a certain reason, Kiyotaka was careless on his entrance examination, and was put in D-class. After meeting Suzune Horikita and Kikyō Kushida, two other students in his class, Kiyotaka’s situation begins to change."

The school is based on a ranking system, which is quite an interesting take on the romcom school genre. And currently Confused Translations is translating the story into English.

Plus, one of the good things about this story is none of the girls (at least so far) are any type of dere archetype.

*mod snip*

US Licensed by Seven Seas

coded321 2017-03-15 22:00

it sounds like baka to test, without the battle system and romance.

n0m@n 2017-03-15 23:44

It's definitely one of the hottest series in MF right bow.

The reason why no one talks about it is because there's no translation for it like usual (just the manga adaptation which isn't capturing the attention of readers that well).

Too bad the best girl is in B-class lol.

RedWingFM 2017-03-16 02:50

Someone started translating a while ago

AnimeFangirl 2017-03-16 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xftg123 (Post 6050566)
[IMG]
The protagonist Kiyotaka Ayanokōji is a student of D-class, which is where the school dumps its “inferior” students in order to ridicule them. For a certain reason, Kiyotaka was careless on his entrance examination, and was put in D-class.

Yup, I knew the hero would always be in the lowest class even though he's actually super powerful. It's like Mahouka Koukou all over again.

RedWingFM 2017-03-16 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl (Post 6050996)
Yup, I knew the hero would always be in the lowest class even though he's actually super powerful. It's like Mahouka Koukou all over again.

More like Baka to Test :)

Wandering Soul 2017-03-16 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWingFM (Post 6051023)
More like Baka to Test :)

Except that Yoshi actually did belong in the bottom class in the beginning.

Xftg123 2017-03-16 16:01

True! But back tot he topic, the story also has quite the psychological vibe to it so far. . .

mashingan 2017-03-17 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xftg123 (Post 6050566)
http://https://images-na.ssl-images-...I%2BUGAm0L.jpg

The protagonist Kiyotaka Ayanokōji is a student of D-class, which is where the school dumps its “inferior” students in order to ridicule them. For a certain reason, Kiyotaka was careless on his entrance examination, and was put in D-class.

The school is based on a ranking system, which is quite an interesting take on the romcom school genre.

How does the ranking system work?
Is it just simple "examination"?
Is convertible grade-power like in Baka Test?

I think it would really good if it introduces a new ranking system because there's a novel feel in it.
If not, it would be just interaction between characters and I think I'll pass it

OOT: one of good ranking system I think was Mx0, too bad it was axed even after it's just started explaining the Magic Power credits, the magics were refreshing too, not to mention the MC had no talent in magic but high brute's strength, and luck of course :D:D

sasabit 2017-03-17 23:10

Is there any romance in here? Also whats up with the MC why did he flunk his exams?

patcan3609 2017-03-18 23:08

Pretty sure first girl (black long haired girl) is going to win anyways.

Lhklan 2017-03-18 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasabit (Post 6051980)
Is there any romance in here? Also whats up with the MC why did he flunk his exams?

The MC seems to be deliberately playing the "ordinary high school student" card. In fact, chapter 6 ended with the teacher calling him up because his scores were too average: perfect 50 in everything.

AnimeFangirl 2017-03-19 06:41

The tsundere-est girl always wins.

VooXoo 2017-03-20 17:54

Getting the score you want is harder than getting the top, he knows how fill the paper and get the result he wish for.
Putting the target at 50 is just poor thinking, he should have used a more random number, like 78, is because the author made him lazy?
For the moment I like this MC, smart but tries to keep a low profile, probably because when you can do stuff people ask you to..well , do it.
I hope he doesn't make some shit out of character ruining it.
I almost find funny how even if the MC try his darn best there is always someone that see through the facade, there is always someone.

patcan3609 2017-03-20 22:12

Is it just me or is the main girl (Horikita) just a bitchier version of Yukinoshita Yukino?

Eclar 2017-03-21 00:54

^I cant say you are wrong. She looks like Yukino, behaves initially like Yukino (though I agree that Horikita is more annoying), and has a problem with her sibling like Yukino. :eyespin:

Well, these are also my first impression after reading some of the updates, I might be wrong.

Lhklan 2017-03-21 03:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by VooXoo (Post 6053898)
Getting the score you want is harder than getting the top, he knows how fill the paper and get the result he wish for.
Putting the target at 50 is just poor thinking, he should have used a more random number, like 78, is because the author made him lazy?
For the moment I like this MC, smart but tries to keep a low profile, probably because when you can do stuff people ask you to..well , do it.
I hope he doesn't make some shit out of character ruining it.
I almost find funny how even if the MC try his darn best there is always someone that see through the facade, there is always someone.

Yeah, which is why I'm saying that he's "playing" the card, not actually being one. Their homeroom teacher even confirmed it too: He managed tol solve a difficult problem while flunking on an easy one? Way too suspicious.

I believe that the reason the author used 50 is because it is the average for scores. 78 is a bit too high, though I do agree that he should have made more variations.

That said, Horikota threatening MC is hilarious.

Xftg123 2017-03-23 22:13

I do have to agree, Horikata is like Yukino from "Oregairu", but she's much more harsh than her. . .

Lhklan 2017-03-25 02:51

Spoiler for Huh:

n0m@n 2017-03-25 03:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhklan (Post 6056384)
Spoiler for Huh:

Yeah will see her true face again in v5. Clearly not the face of a potential love interest. Kushida must die(socially and not physically).