AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fairy Tail (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   (L) Tale of Fairy Tail - Ice Trail [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=127279)

FlareKnight 2014-11-22 10:58

That was a nice chapter. Might be one of my favorites so far.

A chance to see Ul again. Considering how far all over the place Gildarts goes for his jobs, having him meet Ul once before doesn't surprise me. And certainly if she met someone like Gildarts it would hit home to her that some monsters exist out there.

A chance for Gray to grieve and to show that Ul was just the type to go all out to protect kids like that.

Wandering Soul 2014-11-22 14:18

That was a good chapter. Showed that Gildarts and Gray's Interactions weren't exactly peaceful. Also reminded us of the type of person Ur was.

immblueversion 2014-11-22 21:51

For a minute I was afraid Gildarts would turn out to be Ultear's dad, which would just make Ur one of his old flings. I am glad that was not the case.

dniv 2014-11-23 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by immblueversion (Post 5346783)
For a minute I was afraid Gildarts would turn out to be Ultear's dad, which would just make Ur one of his old flings. I am glad that was not the case.

The same thought had crossed my mind. :heh:

I did like seeing interactions between characters that we had already known though. :heh:

chaos_animagic 2014-11-28 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by immblueversion (Post 5346783)

Yea, glad that UR wasn't one of Gildart's "one-night stands"... so many "victums" LOL.

Krono 2014-12-17 12:23

Chapter 6 is out.

Spoiler for Chapter 6:

ImperialFlameGod8190 2014-12-18 18:53

Anybody else find it comical that this manga seems to depict Gildarts as the reason Gray has joined FT and yet in the manga Natsu and Gildarts are shown to have a father-son relationship

B214 2014-12-19 06:21

Well i see nothing wrong with Gildarts being a father figure to the current members of FT.

ImperialFlameGod8190 2014-12-19 07:58

^father figure to the members except his own daugther :D:D:D:D:D:D

B214 2014-12-19 09:42

Well that's the one trait FT master have been passing down since Makarov.

Slayerx 2015-02-18 14:22

Chapters 7 and 8 came out, along with couple of omakes
Spoiler:

immblueversion 2015-02-18 15:00

Okay, I'll say it: I don't like the characters' "happy" faces. I like the unique designs except when they "smile", they look like open-mouthed fish.

And looking back at the old Fairy Tail chapters, Juvia wasn't supposed to know what a clear sky looked like until Gray beat her. I mean, I'd be fine if Juvia only periodically made it rain like in this series, but...

dniv 2015-02-18 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by immblueversion (Post 5443123)
Okay, I'll say it: I don't like the characters' "happy" faces. I like the unique designs except when they "smile", they look like open-mouthed fish.

And looking back at the old Fairy Tail chapters, Juvia wasn't supposed to know what a clear sky looked like until Gray beat her. I mean, I'd be fine if Juvia only periodically made it rain like in this series, but...

Could have been hyperbole about when they first met. Maybe it wasn't quite so literal.

Saravis4 2015-02-18 19:23

Wow four stories, all focused on Gray, in one day. It makes me wonder if he's going to have a very big role, even go as far as turning him into the protagonist or perhaps build up towards a major death, unlikely, but still possible.

The omakes were filler, but the main chapters were alright. He's certainly given fuel for the JuviaXGray shippers.

Slayerx 2015-02-18 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by immblueversion (Post 5443123)

Ya i haven't been much of a fan of the artwork either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saravis4 (Post 5443322)
Wow four stories, all focused on Gray, in one day. It makes me wonder if he's going to have a very big role, even go as far as turning him into the protagonist or perhaps build up towards a major death, unlikely, but still possible.

The omakes were filler, but the main chapters were alright. He's certainly given fuel for the JuviaXGray shippers.

Actually considering how its been like 2 months since the last chapter came out, i might think the scanlators have just been kinda slow on releasing these; like they put these comics at a lower prioirty than the main series they work on. They just released them all at once rather than when they really came out/

Krono 2015-02-18 21:34

Chapter 7 came out last month, just not by MS. The omake chapter also came out a few weeks ago. MS just finally got around to releasing 7 when they had 8 ready to work on.

immblueversion 2015-03-20 20:20

Just realized Chapter 9 is out. And I think I've found my favorite character in this series.

chaos_animagic 2015-04-25 02:51

ch 8, LOL

Gray's adventures is currently the best laughs out of all other side-stories.

ellifeedn 2015-06-22 12:48

Fairy Tail does what Fairy Tail does best.

chaos_animagic 2015-06-24 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellifeedn (Post 5570869)
Fairy Tail does what Fairy Tail does best.

which is ripping places to shits.