AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Web Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   (L) Wortenia Senki (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=147922)

Emperor of D. 2019-01-11 04:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBAV (Post 6312065)
I see her as a half-assed ruler in every way, she's not cold enough to abandon the knight but she isn't kind enough to let ryouma go free after he gave her the throne.
A cold minded ruler would have killed the knight and kept ryouma caged and a kind ruler would have saved the knight and let ryouma go free, her half-assed decisions are coming to bite her ass, to me she looks like a hypocrite that wants to be loved as a wise and kind queen without taking any risks or looking bad.

It's not quite that simple. If she was a cold minded ruler, she would've sacrificed Mihaki and killed Ryouma after he helped her. She didn't kill Ryouma because of her kindness but at the same time she fears him which is the problem. Most bad decisions are made based off fear and that's common even in today's world. Ryouma just helped her win a civil war even though he the odds were heavily against them.

That's way too impressive. The problem is Ryouma is too smart, too cunning and too dangerous. If another country were to take him then Lupis was sure that she wouldn't win against him if they were enemies. Lupis is at least smart enough to know the danger that Ryouma poses if she let him go free. Now we (the readers) know Ryouma wouldn't join another country but Lupis doesn't know and she doesn't have a reason to know because in the end, Ryouma was a hired adventurer that has an unknown origin. Ryouma is not from her country and therefore he has no loyalty to it and she's aware of this. But again, instead of killing him off, she decides to cage him. Again, a stupid decision but an understandable one based on her personality.

The thing is Lupis isn't fit to be ruler. She would be best as a symbol or figure head.

NAJ P. Jackson 2019-01-11 05:36

^Ryouma too smart lol :rolleyes: More like everyone is just too dumb in this Novel.

DBAV 2019-01-11 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emperor of D. (Post 6312547)
It's not quite that simple. If she was a cold minded ruler, she would've sacrificed Mihaki and killed Ryouma after he helped her. She didn't kill Ryouma because of her kindness but at the same time she fears him which is the problem. Most bad decisions are made based off fear and that's common even in today's world. Ryouma just helped her win a civil war even though he the odds were heavily against them.

That's way too impressive. The problem is Ryouma is too smart, too cunning and too dangerous. If another country were to take him then Lupis was sure that she wouldn't win against him if they were enemies. Lupis is at least smart enough to know the danger that Ryouma poses if she let him go free. Now we (the readers) know Ryouma wouldn't join another country but Lupis doesn't know and she doesn't have a reason to know because in the end, Ryouma was a hired adventurer that has an unknown origin. Ryouma is not from her country and therefore he has no loyalty to it and she's aware of this. But again, instead of killing him off, she decides to cage him. Again, a stupid decision but an understandable one based on her personality.

The thing is Lupis isn't fit to be ruler. She would be best as a symbol or figure head.

You just said it, she is just a figure-head, a cute princess that wears a beautiful dress and stays quiet,she was also scared of killing ryouma because of his retaliation if he dies he takes half of her soldier and confidants with him.
Lupis isn't fit to be a ruler as you said because her actions are too half-assed, she's smart enough to know the noble was going to screw her up if kept alive but instead she feared ryouma?At least try to assassinate the noble before fearing the guy that gave you the throne.

Emperor of D. 2019-01-11 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBAV (Post 6312597)
You just said it, she is just a figure-head, a cute princess that wears a beautiful dress and stays quiet,she was also scared of killing ryouma because of his retaliation if he dies he takes half of her soldier and confidants with him.
Lupis isn't fit to be a ruler as you said because her actions are too half-assed, she's smart enough to know the noble was going to screw her up if kept alive but instead she feared ryouma?At least try to assassinate the noble before fearing the guy that gave you the throne.

Well the thing is Ryouma is a bigger threat. Again, he just helped them win a civil war that was heavily against them. Ryouma gained a reputation of his tactics being cruel and merciless. And while Ryouma helped her gain the throne, it doesn't change the possibility that another country would obtain him.

mickbis 2019-01-11 22:47

Everyone just think Ryouma will choose mercenary as occupation rather than adventurer
while all he want is explore the world and find a way to return
which is a bit sad hahah

n0m@n 2019-03-30 18:30

We already know the stupidity of Lupis. But seeing it in the recent manga made me recall the stupidty of hers all over again. And what she would do to Ryouma at the end of this war... Ugh, after how many years will we see her downfall? WN rarely updates...

NAJ P. Jackson 2019-03-30 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0m@n (Post 6334329)
We already know the stupidity of Lupis. But seeing it in the recent manga made me recall the stupidty of hers all over again. And what she would do to Ryouma at the end of this war... Ugh, after how many years will we see her downfall? WN rarely updates...

I can't remember the exact time frame, probably 2-3 years. The WN had a bit of time skip so it won't take too long to see her rule collapse.

mickbis 2019-03-31 09:29

I don't think we can expect anymore from WN as author seem to focus on LN
so we will need to wait LN reader for more information orz

n0m@n 2019-04-01 05:26

I guess it wont be happening this year lol.

NAJ P. Jackson 2019-05-22 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0m@n (Post 6334329)

Just saw the recent chapter and yep seeing that scene in manga form made me facepalm all over again. I also remember that Mikhail will be as Shameless as Lupis after this war of asking for Ryouma's help again in another crisis. That useless idiot should just commit suicide.

NAJ P. Jackson 2019-05-23 12:59

I finally caught up to all translated chapters and holy shit this Novel is a chore to read. Every chapter has 90% exposition and only 10% dialogue, and most points are very repetitive. The Author is really dragging the plot with useless monologues.

n0m@n 2019-05-28 07:54

The author has updated this series quite frequently this month. We are getting closer to Lupis's demise! Need more lol.

mickbis 2019-05-28 11:03

So what is the current situation? It been too long I kinda forgot it already orz

NAJ P. Jackson 2019-05-28 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickbis (Post 6346965)
So what is the current situation? It been too long I kinda forgot it already orz

Ryoma defeated the Lord of the City near the Wortensia peninsula (I forgot his name). He took over that City and he killed most of the 10 Western Noble families. That means he effectively became the Lord of the Western region of the Kingdom. Lupis and her incompetent band of nobles did not like him being that powerful so she ordered him to present himself to the House of Lords to be a "witness". Of course Ryoma knows it's just a pretense to get him to the capital to execute him. He accepted the invitation anyway and went there. He's also amassing a few Noble allies with Lupis none the wiser.

mickbis 2019-05-28 11:52

Story seem not move much since last time I read then...
well I think we will need to wait a bit more orz

Ratedhook522 2019-06-12 10:49

I know the light novel is ahead of the web novel, so does anybody have any spoilers as to what happens during the House of Lords meeting. I read a raw chapter where ryoma and his followers had to disarm themselves in order to continue inside the House of Lords.

Snowbold 2019-09-25 04:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratedhook522 (Post 6349701)
I know the light novel is ahead of the web novel, so does anybody have any spoilers as to what happens during the House of Lords meeting. I read a raw chapter where ryoma and his followers had to disarm themselves in order to continue inside the House of Lords.

I think there is a misunderstanding about progression of WN vs LN. so the WN has Volumes, right? However I think it is more accurate to treat them as arcs.
Case in point, I was looking for what happens after the current point in the manga and that was volume 2’s end in WN while it is likely volume 3 at the end of LN.
So there are about 13 LN volumes on sale in Japan and the 13th is about Ryoma at war with the earl and the 10 northern families.
This is volume 5 in the WN. Once it passes this, it will catch up to volume 6 (current).

Snowbold 2019-12-14 04:13

Ugh the web novel is at slow period right now...

NAJ P. Jackson 2019-12-25 23:42

The recent chapter of the manga shows proof that Asuka was transported to the other world. I can't remember such scene in the WN.

Quite interesting to know that Ryoma's family has a history of being transported to that world. And now looks like the Grandfather is going back there so he can protect Asuka who unlike Ryoma is a non-combatant.

travelingbum 2019-12-26 00:05

well the LN and WN split off obviously.
the synopsis of vol 14 sounds like it has reached the contents of the current WN or will be by 15.